Saturday, November 2, 2013

Korean Innovations that Should Exist in America

          Living as a Korean-American in America, I am met with frustrations at times because some systems will be a lot smoother for some cases. Woah. That was a vague statement. Okay, here's what I mean, there are some things in Korea that really need to be brought to America. I will talk about my personal opinions but you can also check out this video, since I agree with what they mention.
          In addition to the table-bells, there's something else in Korean restaurants, where you have to go pick up the food, is this buzzer-thing that you hold on to and when it lights up and buzzes, that means you're food is ready and you should go pick it up. I have yet to see one of these in an American restaurant, I've only used these at Korean restaurants in America! *angry face* But then again to be fair, I don't know a lot of American food places where you would order and then stand around waiting for your food... Because well, the place I've been to is H-Mart, a Korean super-market in urban cities of America, where they have a food court. Wait, I've thought of an instance where these buzzer-things would come in handy!! At malls, there are food courts right? Well, you can order and pay and then sit down with your buzzer and get up when your food is ready. Hmm, but that wouldn't be efficient since food courts are full of fast food places... (Guys, I'm actually thinking of all of this as I go, sorry). I don't know, but anyway, I find these buzzer-things to be cool.
          Another thing that I agree with that was mentioned in the video is the new ways of locking your doors! Seriously, when you go to Korea and see that metal keys are only  used for cars, then you feel pretty outdated back at America. And it gets me wondering - how is it that Korea seems to be more technologically advanced at times?
          The video mentions bank cards that can be used to pay any public transportation system, right? Here's the problem in America: public transportation itself is not widely available. Seriously, only the big cities like Chicago and New York City have taxis, buses, and subways (wait, does Chicago even have subways?), otherwise you must have a car to get to places. Maybe the dangers of teenage driving can be significantly eliminated if public transportation was brought! Okay, put down your tomatoes, I'm just saying and I know that I'm being unfair because our economy can't afford something like this and ya-di-ya-di-yadda.
          

(435)

No comments:

Post a Comment