Sunday, March 23, 2014

Official Complaint to be Filed For Yuna Kim's Olympic Scores




          I thought the women's figure skating scandal of the Sochi Olympics was over - but guess not. Both the KSU and KOC are filing a complaint to the ISU about the judging for this sports and you can read about it here.

         I screen shot the above comment that one user left because they did a great job of explaining. I'm feeling half-and-half about this scandal - I mean, you saw on an older blog post what I feel about this. But now that more time has passed, I'm feeling, "Is it necessary to still hold on to this again?"

         I am a little hesitant to write this because I've already addressed this issue on my blog, and I don't want to appear as just some biased-Korean blogger who feels the need to bring this up again. And it makes me feel (Koreans who read my blog - don't hate me) like maybe the Koreans are overacting about this because well, they're Korean.

         But I still have mixed feelings about this because there's no doubt that Yuna Kim deserved that gold. I'm not arguing about this at all. But what's happened is what's happened. And if - if - Yuna Kim is to somehow get the gold back, wouldn't it be, I don't know, not as satisfactory? Because I think that gold metal would have been of more value if it would have been given to her at the proper. Now that Adelina has taken it (undeservedly), to snatch that away from her would be... I don't know, too much? It gets to me that Yuna Kim does not have her much-deserved two gold metals. But when I think of actually taking Adelina's metal to give it to the Queen, I don't think that's right either. Yuna Kim is the gold metalist in everyone's hearts.

        Yet, I still feel triumphant at comments like the one above. Plus I ran across this funny video of a parody of the occurrence at the Sochi Olympics. I think this event will leave as a special, amusing thing in the hearts of Koreans.


(344)

No comments:

Post a Comment