Thursday, March 3, 2016

Regarding Jessica, Former Member of Girls' Generation

If you follow K-pop at all, you must know that Jessica is no longer part of Girls' Generation as of September 2014. Around that time, she also left S.M. Entertainment. I didn't know about her leaving S.M. until very recently, and she finally signed with a new label not too long ago.

As a big fan of Girls' Generation, I'm not over Jessica's absence in the group. Girls' Generation just doesn't seem whole as just 8 members (though their recent albums slayed). I think it's like rubbing salt on the wound, or to use a Korean proverb it's like fanning the flame for her to have left S.M. Entertainment also. It's harder for her to go back to Girls' Generation then.

There's very little, if hardly any, of the truth about these K-pop stars' private lives that we get to know as outsiders. So I don't know what Jessica or the members of GG feel or think when they hear fans like me wanting for Jessica's return to the group. Of course one GG member indirectly said Jessica will be welcomed back on the radio. But I don't want to believe that nearly fifteen years of ongoing friendship can really be permanently broken. 

Along with this shocking news of Jessica no longer being part of Girls' Generation, there was a lot of scandal about Jessica's relationship with Tyler Kwon. Again, it's not like we know the whole story here. If there's one thing that was resolved about Jessica and Tyler Kwon is that they're not getting married anytime soon (or so that's how it was the last time I checked). If you click on the first hyperlink in this blog post, you'll see that Jessica actually signed a contract with Tyler Kwon's label. I'm not trying to judge or condemn here, but I just want to express my worry about this. If fifteen years of friendship could be shaken, what's there to say about a relationship with a man you certainly haven't known for fifteen years? If there's a negative change in their relationship, will Jessica leave that label too? 

Personally, I think the best option is for Jessica to just rejoin Girls' Generation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment