Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Former f(x) member Sulli's Controversial Instagram Posts

Ever since Sulli departed from the girl group, f(x), it's as if she's been set free and she's been taking more explicit photos - both at photo shoots and on her own through her Instagram account. Finally Korean netizens have determined Sulli's Instagram posts symbolize sex.

I personally am still in the process of getting over Sulli leaving f(x), not necessarily because I am her fan but because I think f(x) is complete with five members. Generally speaking, I like the original versions. 

And this latest buzz about Sulli's posts on Instagram doesn't help either. 

I get that she's no longer a girl group member so she has less of a responsibility to uphold some kind of model image. And really, she's free to post whatever she wants. But the truth is - her past as a girl group member has not been completely erased as many of her fans have liked her since her f(x) days. She still has fans who remember the innocent maknae and that's just one 

reason I too look down upon her Instagram posts. 

I think this also brings out the "incarceration" of idol group members. K-pop stars, especially if they're a new idol group, rarely post explicit content because they have an image to uphold. And idol group members tend to garner younger fans. If Sulli was still part of f(x), she would have cleaner posts on Instagram.

I also believe that Sulli has a lot of potential for continual stardom without all this voluntary sex appeal on social media. She's a natural beauty with acting in her resume since she was just a child. 

There's a mix of responses in the comments sections of her controversial posts and from the Korean netizens online. I read one say (defensively, I think) that Sulli is still young and childish, while another, a fan, expresses her disappointment at Sulli. 

I am also disappointed and just regretful about all of this. Again, I wish she would've stayed in f(x). I wonder then if there would have been this problem even. 

No comments:

Post a Comment