Friday, October 18, 2013

DMNT Daniel's Sentence for Marijuana Case - Is this Fair?

          Okay, so I know that I've been posting a lot on K-pop related stuff lately but I want to talk about this. I'm a fan of Daniel but I gotta admit, I was and still am pretty disappointed with his poor decisions. But I'm not dedicating this blog post to only criticize Daniel but also the court's decision. 

          I don't understand why they're going all easy on this Cha No Ah person, who has smoked marijuana 2-3 times. And the articles says it seems the reason for this lighter punishment is because his offense wasn't as harsh - WHAT?! I'm not the one to judge who committed more crime than the other but I think they both deserve to be punished equally to each other at least. 

          It seemed to me that Daniel's fans are upset and have been stating their opinions on the comments about how they're meaner to Daniel because he's from America and how it's as if smoking marijuana isn't wrong 'cause they let Cha No Ah off easily, and etc... But I want to remind everyone that unfortunately, Daniel has been tested for smoking marijuana and the result was positive. Plus about the part about discriminating him because he's American does not have enough support. 

          I've read some comments saying how marijuana doesn't kill you and that cigarettes are more hazardous and blah blah but it's still illegal. Shouldn't that mean anything to anyone? Yes, I get that your oppa has made some mistakes but those mistakes have to be met with consequences. Although I think the court's decision isn't quite fair, the fact that those involved are facing consequences is fair itself. Plus the Daniel's defense about how he's from America so he's not accustomed to marijuana being illegal or something doesn't make much sense to me. That just might get the judge to be harsher to Daniel for being "American". Who knows.

          I agree with those who are voicing their opinions that Daniel has not only made his own days -to-come tough but also those of his fellow group members. I'm honestly curious about how his group members are coping. But I'm not (and don't want to be) one of those overly critical Korean "netizens" so I want to make it clear that my support goes out to Daniel and the rest of the DMNT members.



----
I heard something about how Korea's strict about defamation so I hope stating my personal opinions about this here won't get me in any trouble! Just doing my school assignment and freedom rings in America :)







(429)

No comments:

Post a Comment