Saturday, May 17, 2014

U-KISS and their New Member

          I know I just posted about KARA recruiting new members and now I'm about to talk about U-KISS and their new member, Joon, but bear with me, it's a different post, nonetheless!

         Although I became a fan of U-KISS with their hit song, "Man Man Ha Ni (만만하니)", so about a year after their debut, I would have to say, "we" go way back. They're just one of the groups that I really like and have a special place in my heart. I was devastated with other fans when Alexander and Kibum left the group and I was wary about the two new members, AJ and Hoon at first, but their debut song with U-KISS, "0330" was just too awesome that I couldn't not love them. What really dragged me down was Dongho's departure, and if you've been following my blog, you would know about this.

         But because U-KISS still has a substantial number of members even with one less member, I thought they'd be just fine promoting as the six. Not just because six is a strong number for a group, but because they've been around for a good amount of time now, and so they have that recognition piled up. So this sudden announcement of a new member was rather surprising for me. And I don't know how to feel about this exactly. Dongho was my favorite. I can't do anything about the fact that he's left the group and the entertainment industry for good. Plus with already three members that have left the group, and two replacement members in U-KISS' history, I'm not sure if I want to put up with another change.

         Like I said, I really like U-KISS, and it upsets me that they still have not gotten first place on music shows yet. But with this being the third time they've introduced a new member, I can't help but wonder if this may hurt any chance of them getting their long-awaited and desired win. What I mean is, what the Korean audience may view it as is, "They got a new member...again?" and that will be it, their interest in the group may fade. Of course, I'm not talking about their fans here, I'm just talking about the general Korean public, which is where U-KISS should be winning new fans from.

         So personally, I still haven't gotten over Dongho's departure yet, and so I'm not sure if I'm ready to accept this new member. I'm not against him, but I'm just wary. But AJ and Hoon could fit in with the group nicely with an awesome song, "0330", I have my hopes up pretty high about their comeback this summer.


(446)

No comments:

Post a Comment